The process will involve our highly qualified testing electricians inspecting every electrical component on the premise to establish whether the overall condition of the property is satisfactory. After assessment, the report will detail which systems are satisfactory and and which need further work to meet the UK Standard installations: BS – 7671.
An Electrical Installation Conditioning Report should be carried out at the minimum of:
- Domestic Installations – 10 years or change of occupancy
- Commercial Installations – 5 years or change of occupancy
- Industrial Installations – 3 years
- Residential accommodation – 5 years or change of occupancy
- Offices, shops & laboratories – 5 years
Any work that is required will be graded in importance of the work. Codes: C1, C2 and C3 will be applied to show you the severity of the fault:
- C1 means ‘Danger is present’, risk of injury is likely and IMMEDIATE action is required.
- C2 is the classification for POTENTIALLY dangerous and remedial action is needed urgently.
- C3 is the last classification code, and the only one that can appear on a report and have it still pass the EICR test. C3 means improvement to your electrical system is recommended but not required